William is a Partner in the Corporate team.
William has spent over twenty years advising businesses and their investors on corporate transactions, mergers and acquisitions, shareholder and investment agreements, and commercial matters including corporate governance.
Specialising in owner-managed sales and purchases, company reorganisations and investment and joint venture arrangements. William acts for owner-managers, SMEs, entrepreneurs and private equity investors, in sectors as diverse as renewable energy, hotel and leisure and independent financial advisors. William also advises on property SPV sales and purchases and property joint venture arrangements.
Recent examples of how William has supported clients include:
- acting for a pyrolysis technology company on a multi-million pound fund raising;
- acting for the seller of a company to a US buyer and structuring the consideration in the most tax efficient way for the seller;
- advising founders on a follow on Series A investment and convertible loan note investment;
- advising a family owned business on a demerger and capital reduction as part of a tax planning exercise; and
- helping a major hotel chain re-organise its portfolio of hotels to make the group structure more tax efficient.