Our Gambling licensing team brings our clients a nationally recognised and in depth knowledge of this important area.
Knights provides expert assistance to your business with all aspects of Gambling Licensing under the Gambling Act 2005. This includes UK based applications (remote and non-remote) and remote applications from non UK based companies. Our expertise covers advice on applications for licences as well as preserving existing licences. We also advise on prize competitions and free draws to ensure they do not fall within the regulated sector.
Working closely with our colleagues in our regulatory, real estate, employment and commercial teams we provide a whole business solution to the needs of businesses in this sector.
Our areas of expertise
Gambling Licensing under Gambling Act 2005
- Applying for Operating Licences e.g. for a new operator for a casino, bingo hall, bookmakers, adult gaming centres (AGC) etc
- Applying for Premises Licence for physical betting establishments e.g. casino, bingo hall, AGC
- Operating Licences for remote (online) gambling including for operators outside of the UK
- Personal Management and Personal Functional Licences applications and protection
- Changing existing Operating or Premises licences e.g. longer hours, adding new activities
- Dealing with threats to licenses including enforcement action by Gambling Commission (based in Birmingham)
- Dealing with licence issues arising out of administration / insolvency
- Buying or selling premises / gambling businesses
- Assistance with policies, money laundering issues, self-exclusion, CDD, EDD etc
- Advice on use of gaming machines
We also advise on keeping certain activities outside the Gambling Act e.g.
- Advice on prize competition and free draws