Andrew is a Partner in the Dispute Resolution team.
He has extensive experience in dealing with a wide range of disputes, including breach of contract, professional negligence, warranty and indemnity claims, shareholder and partnership disputes, misrepresentation and defamation.
Andrew acts within a wide range of sectors, such as engineering, manufacturing, IT and healthcare. In addition, Andrew also has extensive experience of acting on behalf of clients within the sports sector, drawing from experience and contacts gained from working in this industry prior to becoming a solicitor.
Clients range from large private and public companies to owner-managed SMEs and high net worth individuals including, Sharpsmart, Van Elle, Brown McLeod and Distinction Doors.
Recent examples of how Andrew has supported clients include:
- supporting a professional football club in respect of a potentially defamatory article published in the national press, resulting in the immediate amendment of the article to the client’s satisfaction;
- on behalf of a national group of company members, advising in a multi-million pound dispute with its broadcasting partner and a third party broadcasting company, arising from conflicting interpretations of commercial contract terms;
- successfully settling a claim made in respect of an intended breach of contract, resulting in injunctive action being taken to restrict damage suffered as a result of such a breach;
- dealing with competition and markers authority warnings regarding potential price fixing within the musical instruments industry: and
- successfully pursuing claims in the Business and Property Courts for plastic granule material suppliers, arising out of a dispute regarding delivery and specification of materials and the subsequent use of the same in the manufacture of plastics products.