Ellen is a Partner in the Charities and Corporate teams.
She advises on corporate matters, including business formation and structuring options, governance, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, investment, company restructuring, group reorganisation, company share sales or buyback arrangements, and business assets disposal.
Her clients include business start-ups and entrepreneurs, owner-managed companies and partnerships, high growth and scale up businesses and investors operating in sectors including retail, leisure and hospitality, technology, telecommunications, professional services and healthcare.
In addition, she supports charities, schools and not for profit organisations, including community interest companies, on incorporation and governance arrangements, constitutional documents, company secretarial matters, collaboration initiatives and mergers.
Recent examples of how Ellen has supported clients include:
- supporting the in-house legal team of a Portuguese investment company on the English legal considerations arising from an investment in a UK-based tech company;
- facilitating the £4 million sale of shares in a telecommunications company under a complex deferred consideration deal where the seller required extensive disclosure and advice on risk mitigation;
- working with a charity to review and update their governance documents and trading subsidiary articles of association to facilitate the exploitation of new opportunities while respecting the interests of beneficiaries and stakeholders;
- guiding a US limited liability company through the process of acquiring shares in an Australian company and an English company with a German subsidiary, both owned by a US corporate, in a deal worth over $4 million; and
- supporting an independent school in a merger with a larger school to strengthen its offering and secure the investment needed to fund improved services and continued growth.