Jim is a Partner in the Employment team.
He supports clients on employment law issues, including specialising in HR problems relating to employment/payroll taxes, IR35 status, recruitment and temporary worker issues on both a national and international level. He is renowned for finding innovative solutions to difficult situations such as developing exit strategies for senior officials.
His has a particular expertise in assisting organisations who operate in regulated environments such as the financial and professional service sectors. His clients include international banks, recruitment agencies, transport and logistics companies, international businesses, and exporters.
Recent examples of how Jim has supported clients include:
- successfully defending Ghana International Bank plc against a £6 million claim by a former director at the initial hearing and appeal;
- obtaining an injunction against a former employee in Australia for a global business;
- implementing arrangements for the purchase of £76 million per annum of temporary labour through employment agencies;
- preventing a strike by a trade union by use of the legal process; and
- helping an international business deal with cross-border employee issues enabling a centralised approach.