Rosie is a partner in the Retail team.
Rosie has extensive experience in advising domestic and international retailers on a broad range of commercial property matters. Her particular focus is on landlord and tenant transactions including acquisitions and disposals, surrenders and regrants, relocations, sales and leasebacks, lease regears, development agreements, the creation of stores within stores, the grant of concessions, franchise lettings, and general portfolio management.
As well as advising on transactional matters Rosie also works closely with clients’ in house legal teams to develop bespoke real estate precedents and procedures. She manages Knights’ legal offering to McDonald’s which spans several disciplines including Real Estate, Planning, Employment, Regulatory, Corporate, and Commercial.
Rosie provides clients and their agents with strategic advice on the structuring of high value, complex property deals at the negotiation stage. Known in the market place for her commercial approach, Rosie has gained a reputation for her efficiency in managing complex real estate deals across a range of retail schemes including airports, shopping centres, retail parks, stations, and mixed use buildings.
She also has particular expertise in advising clients on the structure of and then execution of large scale real estate projects including franchising arrangements across multiple properties.
Rosie has acted for many of her clients for over 20 years, and they include McDonalds, Body Shop, Aesop UK Limited, Natura & Co, Moss Bros Limited, Whittard of Chelsea, Tempur Pedic, Specsavers, Oxfam.
Recent examples of how Rosie has supported clients include:
- Advising McDonald’s on the structure and delivery of a complex regearing project involving multiple franchise leases;
- Managing the reorganisation of a national retailer’s retail portfolio following CVA;
- Acting for Whittard of Chelsea on its head office relocation in Oxford;
- Leading on a national programme of concession arrangements/store within store set ups between Specsavers and Sainsbury’s; and
- Leading the site acquisition programme and existing estate management programme for McDonald’s throughout the UK.