Rosie is a Partner in the Retail team.
Working with retailers on commercial real estate matters, with a focus on landlord and tenant transactions including pre-let agreements, new leases, surrenders and regrants, lease regears, sale and leasebacks and franchise arrangements.
Experienced in providing strategic advice on the structuring of high value, complex property deals, handles property acquisitions and disposals, complex development projects, headquarter relocations, real estate finance, the grant of concessions, the creation of stores within stores and general property portfolio management.
Rosie also works alongside magic circle law firms to undertake real estate due diligence when large corporates are bought and sold.
Clients include Arcadia Group, Moss Bros, Mothercare, The Body Shop, Whittard of Chelsea, McDonald’s, Ladbrokes Coral Group, Specsavers, Tempur-Pedic International and Oxfam.
Recent examples of how Rosie has supported clients include:
- leading the real estate due diligence for Arcadia Group in the sale of a 25 per cent stake in their business to US private equity group Leonard Green & Partners;
- facilitating the relocation of the global headquarters of The Body Shop to prime office space in Croydon extending to over 25,000 sq ft;
- supporting Topshop in the acquisition of their largest retail space in the Birmingham Bull Ring shopping centre;
- supporting multiple Arcadia businesses in establishing retail stores with Tesco supermarkets throughout the UK; and
- leading the site acquisition programme for McDonald’s throughout the UK.