Sam is a Partner in the Corporate team.
With nearly 20 years’ of experience dealing with sales, mergers and acquisitions, management buy-outs/buy-ins, shareholder and joint venture agreements and general corporate matters, Sam provides all round corporate support to his clients.
Sam has extensive experience across a wide range of sectors and has also worked within business in both general counsel and executive roles, giving him a real-world first-hand insight into the commercial challenges faced by business owners and directors.
He works with owners and directors of larger family and owner-managed businesses and sectors including leisure & tourism, food & beverage and manufacturing & healthcare.
Sam supports clients with the negotiation and structuring of business sales and purchases, reorgansations and governance arrangements such as shareholders’ agreements and partnership agreements. Typical deal values range from £250k up to £10m.
Examples of how Sam has supported clients include:
- Advising several partners on their buy-in to a corporate veterinary partnership, including secured lending to support the deal.
- Supporting the founder of a food and beverage business on their exit by way of sale to a competitor, including deferred payments based on future business performance.
- Supporting several owner-managed opticians in their sale and joint venture arrangements with an acquisitive national corporate chain.
- Supporting a multi-generational family in the sale of their building supplies company to a national chain.
- Supporting a large family business in the food production sector restructure their corporate and partnership interests in order to streamline a diverse mixed-asset portfolio.