Our team has extensive knowledge of the construction sector and provides practical and strategic advice with commerciality at the fore, to a wide range of construction and engineering projects on both contentious and non-contentious matters.
Our in-depth knowledge of all major forms of building contracts means we are ideally placed to draft and negotiate the full suite of construction documents for any project of any size. Depending on the circumstances and requirements, we regularly prepare fully considered bespoke drafting and amendments, or an informed review, reporting and drafting proposals for modifications on all construction documentation originated by others.
Our areas of expertise
- Building contracts (in standard and bespoke form)
- Collateral warranties
- Construction finance documents
- Drafting, negotiating and advising upon construction contracts and ancillary documents
- Maintenance contracts
- Parent company guarantees
- Performance bonds
- Professional appointments
- Alternative Dispute Resolution ("ADR") mechanisms
- Claims against fulfilment
- Dispute avoidance and dispute management strategies
- Disputes on heavy infrastructure, power generation, rail and renewable energy projects, on a national and international scale
- High value technical disputes
- Manoeuvring disputes to negotiated settlement
- Representing clients in formal actions of adjudication, arbitration and court proceedings in the Technology and Construction Court
A selection of our clients
Supporting various companies within the group on infrastructure projects across the UK.
Working with various companies within the group on commercial construction projects throughout the UK.
City & Country
Strategic advice on avoiding and resolving disputes on refurbishment projects.
Contractor advised on successful administration of framework agreements with key retail customers.
Successful determination of various long-standing disputes, primarily through use of adjudication.
Acquiring typically brownfield sites, handling development, construction and pre-letting agreements.