Our fixed fees for road traffic offences vary depending on the nature of the offence and the location of the court where the case has been listed.
The following fixed fees will only apply where the client is pleading guilty to the offence; there is only one court hearing; and the case doesn’t warrant any work that is exceptional in the circumstances:
Speeding ‘totter’ offence, i.e. anyone at risk of accumulating 12 points on their licence based on points they already have and points that they may receive.
£2,000 plus VAT
£1,800 plus VAT
Road traffic offences likely to attract discretionary disqualification, e.g. a first time speeder
£1,200 plus VAT
Driving with excess alcohol (90mg breath or less)
£1,800 plus VAT
Driving with excess alcohol (more than 90mg breath) - the time spent at court will inevitably be longer due to the client’s attendance at court with the Probation Service.
£2,400 plus VAT
Each of our fixed fees include
- 1 hour appointment and all preparation of the case.
- Consideration of evidence.
- Taking the client’s instructions.
- Providing advice on the likely sentence to be imposed.
- Attendance and representation at a single hearing at the court.
The fee does not include
- Preparation of the client’s case if they are pleading not guilty.
- The instruction of any expert witnesses.
- Taking statements from any witnesses.
- Advice and assistance in relation to a special reasons hearing.
- Representation at any subsequent hearing even if the client is pleading guilty (e.g. representation at an adjourned sentencing hearing).
- Advice or assistance in relation to any appeal.
(on the presumption that the client has entered a guilty plea and a date has been set for a hearing)
- Meet with your solicitor to provide instructions on what happened.
- We will consider initial disclosure, and any other evidence and provide advice.
- Arranging to take any witness statements if necessary (this will have an additional cost).
- We will explain the court procedure to the client so that they know what to expect on the day of their hearing, and the sentencing options available to the court.
- We will conduct any further preparatory work, obtain further instructions from the client if necessary and answer any follow up queries they have.
- We cannot provide the exact time that your hearing will take place, as this depends on the court’s availability and listing for that day.
- We will attend court on the day and meet with the client before going in to the courtroom. We anticipate being at court for half a day.
- We will discuss the outcome with our client. If advice is required on appeal, this will carry an additional cost.
If you are pleading not guilty to the offence, or any of the work which is not included applies, our fees will be charged at an hourly rate.
Partner / Consultant - £330 plus VAT
Solicitor - £180 plus VAT