Erin is a Partner in the Asset Management, Business Parks and Development teams.
Working with developers and overseas investors, she provides corporate support delivering innovative solutions for managing and growing their commercial property portfolios in the UK.
She specialises in transactions involving freehold acquisitions and disposals, business leases, landlord and tenant work, and real estate finance in relation to investment, industrial, retail and leisure property. Her background as an in-house legal counsel with Birmingham City Council ensures insight into the best ways to structure unusual or quirky deals that involve a local authority.
Renowned for thinking outside the box, Erin is a trusted advisor who delivers creative solutions when reviewing existing and potential investment property, covering everything from due diligence, risk management, refurbishment and redevelopment, resale options and ways to maximise value.
Her clients range from startups and family businesses to large corporates and international property buyers.
Recent examples of how Erin has supported clients include:
- creating and negotiating a 99-year lease of airspace to reserve the right for a hotel to build a skyway bridge across a railway line into a railway station;
- delivering corporate support for the acquisition of a military pyrotechnics site, including advising on the results of risk assessments, environmental site surveys and reports;
- negotiating four separate leases for an industrial manufacturing and distribution warehouse, updating all leases simultaneously while the building work was underway;
- advising a consortium of overseas owners at Daventry International Rail Freight Terminal on building on bare land and selling the investment; and
- handling the acquisition of new offices for a London law firm, including midway restructuring to reflect changing needs of the workforce.