Our Housing & Regeneration team are experts in understanding opportunities and challenges faced by landowners, local authorities, house-builders and registered providers.
We help key decision makers with strategic advice and with delivering projects on time and on budget. We understand the context of the environment in which you operate, including your regulatory frameworks, value for money, commercial feasibility, enhancing the experience of your customers, and the desire to create safe, sustainable and well-managed communities where people want to live.
Our areas of expertise
- Corporate governance and regulatory
- Funding, including facility documentation and securitisation
- Housing management, including tenancy reviews, policy preparation, leasehold advice, enfranchisement, ASB, possession proceedings, gas access injunctions, and judicial review
- Housing stock rationalisation
- Infrastructure agreements
- Setting up estate management schemes, management companies and management agreements
A selection of our clients
Acquiring a former colliery site in Swadlincote for the development of 400 homes in a project estimated to generate sale receipts of £80m.
Securing planning permission for a development of 275 dwellings for Barratt Homes in Buxton.
David Wilson Homes
Overseeing close to 1,000 multi-tenure plot sales for 4 developers at a luxury housing development.
Development programme support and wider property related transactions.
London and Quadrant
Full scale review of around half of their tower blocks in relation to their repairing and wider legal obligations and opportunities.
Supporting on a wide range of property transactions, acting on all aspects housing management and providing governance and regulatory advice.
Your Housing Group
Various property transactions, including the flagship development on Liverpool’s waterfront.