Our team of specialists provide practical, commercial advice on all aspects of contentious and non-contentious corporate and personal insolvency matters.
We advise on re-organisations or restructures with a view to holding off insolvency or mitigating the impact when a formal insolvency process cannot be avoided, always with the aim of achieving the best possible outcome for stakeholders. We also act for insolvency officeholders as well as others affected by insolvency including creditors, lenders, businesses, directors and individuals.
Our areas of expertise
- Acquiring assets from Insolvency Officeholders
- Asset recovery both in the UK and offshore
- Contentious insolvency, including antecedent transactions and pursuing claims to recover assets located both in the UK and offshore
- Creditor services, including advice to lenders, landlords and ROT issues
- Cross border insolvency
- Directors duties and liabilities
- Fraud related claims
- Investigations, including s236/s366 applications
- Officeholder claims, including antecedent transactions and wrongful trading
- Solvent and insolvent restructurings
- Tracing and constructive trust claims
- Voluntary arrangements
A selection of our clients
Recovering £2m on behalf of joint administrators of a company following recovery actions taken against associated companies for the benefit of the administration estate.
Obtaining a six-figure judgment for the liquidators of a building company in a claim against father and son directors for diverting the proceeds of property sales to a connected company.
RSM Restructuring Advisory
Securing the release of the majority of a rent deposit for the liquidators of a leisure company.
Smith Cooper Accountants
Successfully applying to the court to place a company in administration on the basis of a debt, despite the debt being disputed.