Jayne is an Associate in the Mines & Minerals team.
She supports landowners on the registration of their land with the Land Registry which provides protection from third party claims, such as adverse possession. Helping clients who believe that they own land but lack paperwork and require a statutory declaration or statement of truth.
Her clients include one of the largest landowners in the country, as well as commercial landowners, landed estates and land-holding trusts.
In addition, she advises on title relating to mineral rights, whether separate or combined with surface rights, and is experienced in the complex rules for Stamp Duty Land Tax relating to mineral leases and commercial property transactions. She is experienced in landlord and tenant issues relating to commercial property.
Recent examples of how Jayne has supported clients include:
- completing the voluntary registration at the Land Registry of the entire property portfolio of a major corporation;
- due diligence in relation to property titles and leases for the sale of a building materials business;
- investigation of split surface and mineral interests for a significant landowner;
- successfully registering a mineral reservation for a private client; and
- completing the voluntary registration of freehold interests for several large landed estates.