Jeannie is a Senior Associate in the Plot Sales team.
Jeannie has over 30 years legal experience predominantly in conveyancing and which began in new build property sales for a regional house builder.
She has significant knowledge and understanding of the new build industry. Jeannie prides herself on delivering results to timescales in a practical and proactive manner and on each occasion bespoke to each client and their development requirements.
Jeannie can advise and assist with the pre-sale site documentation preparation including any overage provisions, easements for service providers, infrastructure agreements for roads and sewers and any title or indemnity insurance matters before the first sale is agreed and which ultimately means the new build conveyancing process is then smoother for developers and their buyers alike.
Recent examples of how Jeannie has supported her clients include:
- drafting COVID-19 clauses and variations for contract documentation amidst the COVID-19 restrictions and ensuring developer’s contractual obligations entered into prior to restrictions and indeed arising out of the lifting of restrictions were protected and that their sales could progress in a timely manner;
- negotiation and completion of an Agreement on behalf of a developer client entering the shared ownership market for the first time;
- advising and preparation of legal pack documentation for 450 plots in Nottinghamshire including remedy for title defects and mining indemnity insurance;
- assisting a developer with their Homes England Funding Agreement application for Help to Buy sales; and
- negotiating the settlement at reduced value for overage provisions on behalf of a developer seeking to amend planning consent for a bespoke new build development.