Victoria is a Senior Associate in the Dispute Resolution team.
Experienced in breach of contract and warranty claims, allegations of fraud and unauthorised trading, director and shareholder disputes, contested debt recovery and insolvency, breach of confidence claims, professional negligence and contentious trust matters. Victoria specialises in the resolution of domestic and international disputes where the governing law is English. She has experience of litigating cases before the English High Court and County Court, conducting institutional and ad hoc arbitrations and providing guidance and support through commercial mediation.
Clients range from start-ups and SMEs to quoted public companies which operate in sectors including banking and finance, credit insurance and telecommunications.
She is well-known for her work with businesses who are based in Russia and other countries within the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS).
Recent examples of how Victoria has supported clients include:
- settling a multi-million-dollar claim in the Isle of Man High Court on behalf of Russia’s largest domestic mobile telephone company following a complex fraud committed against them by one of their biggest rivals;
- significantly reducing the value of a breach of contract claim brought against the largest American manufacturer of egg-based products by one of their suppliers (BV Nederlandse Industrie Van Eiprodukten v Rembrandt Enterprises Inc  EWHC 1857);
- settling a £10 million claim on behalf of a UK bank which had been induced by another financial institution to participate in a syndicated loan involving the now defunct American energy company Enron;
- securing a full indemnity for the shareholders of a company which had been presented with a £9 million tax bill following negligent advice provided by their tax advisors; and
- successfully defending a UK firm of stockbrokers in court proceedings brought against them by a former client who had alleged that investments made on their behalf were unauthorised.