Abigail is an Associate in the Dispute Resolution team.
She supports clients on the settlement of a broad range of disputes relating to breach of consumer and business contracts arising from negligence, misrepresentation, defective products, termination procedures and payment disputes - she manages the recovery of high-value debts and supervises a team in regard to small debt recoveries. Having previously worked for patent and trade mark attorneys, Abigail has handled intellectual property disputes relating to company names and passing off claims; infringement of copyright, trade marks, patents and designs; and licencing disputes. She has also managed disputes regarding franchise agreements, joint ventures and construction projects.
As well as advising private individuals, Abigail acts for small and medium businesses in sectors as diverse as construction, equestrian, franchising, and local government. Many business clients are introduced via the Knights Legal Network and come from across the country and overseas.
Recent examples of how Abigail has supported clients include:
- protecting the intellectual property in a corporate team-building business methodology which had been purchased from another company in liquidation, but the previous directors continued to use the same materials and techniques under a new company name;
- suing a fund manager for breach of contract on behalf of an investor who lost money when the fund manager succumbed to fraud as a result of negligence;
- seeking compensation for the destruction of a specially adapted car, when the Police failed to follow proper procedure in impounding the car after a motoring offence;
- advising the purchaser of a horse on their contractual rights when the temperament of the horse appeared to be misrepresented in advertisements; and
- helping to obtain a favourable settlement for an airline company when goods supplied under a complex lease-hire agreement were not fit for purpose.