Andrew is a Partner in the Dispute Resolution team.
He works with company owners and professionals on the resolution of commercial disputes including breach of contract, professional negligence actions, partnership and shareholder disputes and restrictive covenants for senior employees. He is familiar with public procurement regulations and has successfully challenged a number of local authorities on their wrongful decisions.
His extensive experience includes product liability disputes and product recalls, where he assists companies in dealing with the immediate public safety and regulatory requirements, before going on to establish liability and then negotiate the recovery of costs and compensation.
Andrew acts for the owners and directors of SME companies in the UK and Europe, as well as PLCs, professional partnerships and entrepreneurs. His clients include idverde Limited; Topcon (Great Britain) Limited and EVT Eiberger GmbH. He works with many clients involved in the food and drink sector.
Recent examples of how Andrew has supported clients include:
- negotiating a substantial settlement for a food manufacturer who was forced to recall two product ranges after a mistake by a packaging supplier;
- successfully challenging and securing the award of a long term contract after a local authority failed to comply with European public procurement regulations;
- securing early termination of a multi-million pound public contract on favourable terms on behalf of a national provider of grounds maintenance services;
- obtaining an injunction against former directors who had left to set up in competition, preventing their misuse of confidential and commercially sensitive information; and
- defending numerous professional negligence claims in regard to over-valuations of property carried out by the in-house surveyors at one of the leading retail banks.