Andrew is a Partner in the Employment team.
He is experienced in all aspects of employment law, with a particular emphasis on helping organisations to have good policies and procedure to avoid potential claims and disputes. This includes advice on HR strategy especially in regard to restructuring; due diligence in company acquisitions and mergers; preparing employment policies and procedures; inputting on how to handle problems such as poor performance, absenteeism, disciplinary and grievance matters, bullying and harassment; redundancies, exit arrangements and settlement agreements. If a dispute should escalate, then Andrew provides options for dispute resolution and defends claims through the Employment Tribunals.
The majority of Andrew’s clients are employers, from start-ups to large companies with thousands of employees and dedicated HR teams. He has supported clients in sectors as diverse as financial services, sport, manufacturing, food and construction.
Andrew also acts for senior executives and directors as employees, usually in regard to negotiating executive contracts or the terms of departure.
Recent examples of how Andrew has supported clients include:
- successfully defending a company against a claim of unfair dismissal and pregnancy discrimination;
- advising the board of a large company on dealing with the under-performance of a senior executive and then managing the executive’s departure;
- supporting a company through the closure of one office by advising on the employment law implications and handling the necessary redundancies;
- completing due diligence on the employment aspects of a company acquisition; and
- providing bespoke training on new employment regulations to the UK subsidiary of a US company.