Colette is an Associate in the Family team.
She advises on a wide range of private family law matters including legal issues arising from relationship breakdown (married and unmarried) including child arrangements, and matters relating to nuptial agreements to protect family wealth.
Colette deals with child arrangements, including high conflict cases and issues relating to internal relocation, nuptial agreements, and financial matters on separation / divorce / dissolution.
She has a constructive approach to family issues to help reduce emotional conflict and focus on resolution.
Colette's clients include high net worth individuals with family and/or private wealth, directors and business owners.
She is a Member of Resolution, Chair of YRes in Oxfordshire and Vice-President of Oxford Young Professionals Society.
Examples of how Colette has supported clients include:
- supporting clients whilst they attend mediation (in relation to finances or child arrangements);
- negotiating and advising in relation to financial settlements, whether during the course of Court proceedings, or in an out-of-court settlement;
- advising throughout contentious Children Act proceedings including the involvement of a guardian and a change of residence, and working with various experts to reach a resolution;
- working in conjunction with family law barristers, where appropriate; and
- drafting and reviewing nuptial agreements, often for high net worth individuals with a property portfolio or business assets to protect and ring-fence.