Helen is an Associate in the Family team.
She advises and represents her clients in relation to all areas of family law, including divorce, financial provision upon separation for both married and unmarried couples, child arrangements, cohabitation matters, nuptial agreements and surrogacy arrangements.
Helen takes a pragmatic approach and provides clients with realistic and practical advice.
As a member of Resolution, she is committed to dealing with cases in an amicable and constructive manner, and will look to resolve matters in a way that is the least stressful for her clients.
Helen guides her clients through the options available to them for resolving their case, including looking at other forms of dispute resolution such as mediation, arbitration and private FDRs, in order to avoid matters having to be litigated in court. That said, Helen is also experienced in representing clients within court proceedings and is well equipped to support clients through the process.
Helen acts for a wide variety of clients in all walks of life, including business owners, Armed Forces personnel, teachers and retirees - she regularly advises clients where there are total assets in excess of £1m.
Recent examples of how Helen supports clients include:
- Representing a client in relation to their financial settlement through the arbitration process, securing a favourable outcome for the client whereby they retained the lion’s share of the capital to allow them and the children to rehouse, as well as a substantial long-term maintenance provision throughout the children’s education.
- Acting for a client who was unable to work due to their long-term health condition, and secured a financial settlement which included substantial capital provision and a Pension Sharing Order which provided them with equality of income in retirement.
- Acting for a client in contested proceedings relating to their child where the other parent was objecting to the child spending time with the client, securing a very positive outcome for the client where the child is spending regular and quality time with them, gradually increasing to overnight stays and extended periods.
- Representing a client in relation to their prenuptial agreement where the total asset base was in excess of $63m.
- Representing a client in contested financial proceedings which ran to a Final Hearing involving a farm worth over £1m, securing a sale of the farm and more than 50% of the sale proceeds for the client to them to discharge substantial debts of over £100,000 and to enable them and the children to rehouse mortgage free.