James is a Partner in the Asset Management and Development teams.
He supports clients on a wide range of real estate transactions. James regularly acts for landowners, developers, investors and occupiers in relation to all of their commercial real estate requirements including advising on the drafting and negotiating option agreements, overage agreements, conditional contracts, sales and purchases and leasehold asset management.
In addition, James also works closely with the corporate team to provide advice to client in relation to the property elements of share and asset purchase agreements, and acts on behalf of lenders in relation to the perfection of their security over real estate.
James has a particular expertise in the investment market and acts for a number of acquisitive clients in the industrial, office and retail sector. He advises these clients in relation to their initial acquisition, lettings and subsequent disposals.
Clients include high net worth individuals, regional developers, syndicated property companies and publicly listed companies. James’s current clients include Severfield plc, The Helmsley Group, In-site Property Solutions Limited, HSBC UK Bank plc and York City Football Club.
Examples of how James has supported clients include:
- The purchase of strategic development land for Severfield plc adjacent to its existing premises at Dalton Airfield, Thirsk.
- Acting on behalf of Ellers Farm Distillery in relation to the letting and development of one of the largest state-of-the-art distillerys in the UK.
- Supporting Helmsley Securities Limited in relation to their asset management requirements relating to their £200 million national property portfolio.
- Acting on behalf of a syndicated investment property group in relation to a riverside regeneration scheme involving the strategic acquisition of investment premises in excess of £40 million.
- Acting for York City Football Club in relation to the multi-million pound sale of Bootham Crescent to Persimmon Homes with planning consent for 92 dwellings.