James is a Partner in the Asset Management team.
He supports clients with the full spectrum of real estate matters including development, options to acquire, land promotion agreements, the sale and purchase of commercial and agricultural property, non-contentious lease and asset management (acting for both landlord and tenant) and secured lending.
His works includes projects across the UK for property investors and promoters, developers, landed estates, asset managers and banks.
Recent examples of how James has supported clients include:
- enabling a property investment company to forward purchase a new build 38,000 square feet warehouse subject to an agreement for lease to an occupational tenant,
- ensuring that the development agreement and lease fully protected both the the purchaser and its lender with appropriate new build and tenant obligations;
- securing a site for a land promoter by way of a promotion agreement and acting in the onward sale of the site for residential development;
- assisting in the sale of land to a national house builder conditional upon planning permission being granted and involving the negotiation and completion of a complex agreement involving drainage over adjoining development land; and
- purchasing a newly constructed petrol station for an investor with a national supermarket occupier, ensuring new build warranties and environmental reports were in place.