James is a Senior Associate in the Corporate team.
He is experienced in advising on corporate mergers and acquisitions, management buyouts, share sales and transfers, business and asset acquisitions, solvent corporate reorganisations, corporate governance and general company and partnership issues. He also provides support on public company matters, including raising capital through an initial public offering and providing ongoing corporate support, for example with annual general meetings and reporting obligations.
James works for a wide client base including national public companies, national and international private companies and a range of SMEs and owner-managed businesses. He has broad sector experience, including retail and leisure, estate and lettings agencies, manufacturing, financial services, telecommunications and waste management.
Recent examples of how James has supported clients include:
- supporting the selling shareholders of Spinaclean Ltd on their sale to Swedish-headquartered Lifco AB, with early engagement to prepare the business for sale enabling completion of the transaction within a very short timescale;
- supporting the management team and shareholders of Casepak and Oceala on its buy out by EMK Capital backed Reconomy Group;
- acting for a telecommunications group on multiple share and business acquisitions as part of its buy and build project;
- advising on strategic solvent reorganisations and subsequent disposal of certain divisions of a manufacturing business; and
- advising on the UK aspects of the acquisition of an offshore property SPV.