Jane is an Associate in the Retail team.
She has extensive experience of advising retailers on commercial real estate matters. Her focus is on landlord and tenant transactions including store acquisition, surrenders and re-grants, lease re-gears and providing strategic advice at the negotiation stage of leasehold transactions. She is also experienced in handling the transactional elements of 1954 act lease renewal proceedings. Her support extends to providing clients with guidance on the management of their property portfolios.
In addition, she has experience in real estate finance and advising on the real estate aspects of corporate transactions.
Jane acts for a diverse range of clients within retail outlets, retail parks, airports, stations and high streets.
Recent examples of how Jane has supported clients include:
- advising a national retailer on its first ever store acquisition, and subsequent strategic store acquisitions across the UK as it expanded from online only to store based retail;
- supporting McDonald’s with a variety of complex lease re-gears in locations across the UK;
- acting for the Body Shop on its property portfolio management;
- supporting an international retailer on its acquisition of a store at the newly developed Coal Drops Yard in London; and
- advising a French retailer on acquisition of new flagship store in Chelsea.