Jessica is a Solicitor in the Family team.
She’s experienced in all family law and has particular expertise in divorce and financial remedy proceedings, as well as private law children matters and cohabitation disputes.
Before becoming a lawyer Jess spent several years working in the high pressured healthcare sector, dealing with sensitive matters and vulnerable patients, giving her experience of working with people during difficult periods in their life. She also spent two years working for a local authority in very complex children matters, including serious safeguarding issues, education appeal panels, complex medical issues and liaising with the relevant police forces.
This background influences how Jess approaches complex matters involving children – with sensitivity and an understanding of the pressures involved.
Since becoming a lawyer Jess has worked with a variety of clients, ranging from individuals, business owners, professionals and large land-owners. Including supporting Partners at Knights on settlements with several million pounds.
Recent examples of how Jess has helped clients include:
- Successfully managing a dispute over Declaration of Parentage – avoiding court proceedings for the client
- Putting in place urgent non-molestation and occupations orders and supporting clients through the process with complex domestic violence issues.
- Working on complex private children matters which involve several expert reports and significant safeguarding concerns.
- Working on financial remedy cases with assets of over £1 million, including multiple public sector pension disputes requiring expert advice.
- Working on cohabitation disputes between unmarried partners where ownership of assets were in dispute.
- Advising on disputes over jurisdictional issues – including international assets and legal requirements.