Kate is an Associate in the Commercial and Data Protection teams.
She supports clients on all aspects of commercial law which includes advising clients on commercial contracts, including contracts for the supply of goods and services, confidentiality agreements, framework agreements, terms and conditions and e-commerce terms.
Specialising in all aspects of data protection law, Kate supports clients on various matters, including full scale data protection compliance audits and advising on remedial action; creation and delivery of bespoke data protection training programmes; policy drafting; drafting and negotiating data protection contracts and clauses; handling outsourced subject access requests; and providing consultancy style advice on data breaches and data subject complaints.
Kate provides commercial and pragmatic advice, tailored to each clients’ particular concerns and appetite for risk often acting as an extension of in-house legal teams.
From a data protection perspective, she focuses in particular on not just achieving the minimum standards of compliance but moving towards best practice and keeping up to date with the latest developments and guidance.
She works with both public and private clients, from owner-managed businesses to large listed companies across a range of sectors including engineering, education, retail, healthcare and aviation.
Recent examples of how Kate has supported clients include:
- providing day-to-day commercial legal support for the in-house legal team at a major international engineering company;
- creating a suite of bespoke contractual documents and policies for a client’s online platform;
- advising clients on handling personal data breaches and complaints from data subjects involving demands for compensation;
- project managing large scale (5,000+ documents) subject access requests; and
- assisting a client on transactions involving the sale, purchase and financing of aircraft.