Louise is an Associate in the Dispute Resolution team.
Working alongside clients, she ensures the resolution of commercial disputes, including those arising from breach of contract, breach of warranty, professional negligence, partnership and shareholder fall outs, commercial agent or distributor claims, defamation, breaches of restrictive covenants or other employment obligations, debt recovery, corporate completion accounts disputes and insolvency work.
She is experienced in litigating claims through the Courts but equally has extensive experience of alternative dispute resolution, achieving commercial and pragmatic settlements via mediation, arbitration, expert determination and informal negotiation.
Louise provides pragmatic and commercial advice to tell the client exactly what they need to hear, rather than what they want to hear, to ensure that they can find the best resolution for them.
Her clients include individuals, partners, owner-managed SMEs, lending institutions, public companies and educational establishments.
Recent examples of how Louise has supported clients include:
- assisting with a c£2m claim acting for one of the U.K’s leading recycling and waste management companies whereby we were able to secure a commercially attractive settlement;
- acting for a private healthcare company in respect of a dispute against the sole shareholder’s ex-wife who unlawfully transferred herself over £300,000 out of the company’s bank account resulting in us successfully obtaining an urgent injunction against her preventing her from disposing of the monies;
- advising on the impact of COVID-19 to various companies, including private schools and academies when they had to move teaching to remote sessions and helping them secure payment from the students’ parents in respect of fees due despite the change of structure;
- assisting with a c£3m completion accounts dispute whereby we act for the seller who, due to an error in the financial documentation that exchanged between the parties prior to completion of the sale of his company, resulted in him losing c£3m. Preparing letters of claim to the financial advisors and the company’s accountant; and
- supporting a large lending institution in recovering a number of its debts by enforcing the terms of Personal Guarantees and / or terminating the Facility Agreements.