Sarah is an Associate in the Dispute Resolution team.
She has experience in handling a variety of disputes, both commercial and personal, for businesses and individual clients.
She has advised upon matters including partnership disputes, contractual claims both domestic and cross-border, misrepresentation, professional negligence, landlord and tenant claims, trusts of land and contested business rates. Sarah has also trained and advised clients on data protection and GDPR awareness and compliance.
Sarah has a special interest in contentious probate and has completed her qualification with the Associate of Contested Trusts and Probate Solicitors (ACTAPS) in order to advise on a wide range of contentious probate and trusts cases.
Clients supported by Sarah include property developers, SMEs, family run businesses, agricultural business, professional services firms, high net worth individuals and not-for-profit organisations.
Sarah is experienced in all manner of dispute resolution procedure, including running cases to trial in the Courts and specialist Tribunals, and in engaging alternative dispute methods including mediations.
Examples of Sarah's typical cases include:
- assisting an outgoing partner in a family agricultural business to negotiate a settlement in excess of £1m;
- defending a property developer client when they contested liability for business rates and representing their case at trial;
- successfully dismissing claims brought against a client in England and Wales for breach of contract formed outside the jurisdiction;
- supporting neighbouring flat owners in a property with shared access to acquire the freehold to their building and resolve several competing claims of rights of way and other easements, and
- negotiating an early settlement of a contentious probate case, including alleged claims against the estate for provision for adult children, allowing the executors to avoid costly and time consuming litigation.