Our team support 50 landed estates across the UK and numerous rural businesses.
Our specialists understand the issues and complexities which can arise from owning rural property and we work closely with our clients to get to know them in order to understand their needs and goals. We aim to build long-lasting relationships with our clients in which we work in partnership with them with the aim to preserve the estate and land holdings for future generations.
Our areas of expertise
- Advising on occupational rights of farm cottages and agricultural workers
- Agricultural Holding Act tenancies (including tribunal claims where appropriate)
- Farm Business Tenancies
- Heritage property and conditional exemption
- Inheritance tax planning including “Balfour” planning, diversification and re-organisation of estates to secure BPR and APR
- Manorial rights
- Sales and purchases of rural property (including Settled Land)
- Sporting rights
- Succession planning including family structures and family charters
- Trustee protection and disputes
- Trusts and their administration (including settled land act settlements)
- Variation of Trust Act Applications