Aleesha is an Associate in the Employment team.
She supports employers on the full spectrum of employment law matters including carrying out disciplinary and grievance procedures, redundancy exercises, TUPE transfers, drafting and negotiation of settlement agreements, drafting of contracts of employment and executive service agreements, the creation of workplace policies, and day-to-day HR queries.
In addition, Aleesha also provides strategic and commercially incisive advice to employers on restrictive covenants and breach of confidentiality actions, employee exits, managing underperforming staff and changing terms and conditions. She has experience of working on the employment elements of a corporate transaction in relation to mergers and acquisitions.
Aleesha supports SME and large business as well as international businesses with UK entities across a range of sectors including retail and consumer, legal, education, healthcare, manufacturing and graphic design.
Recent examples of how Aleesha has supported clients include:
- negotiating a settlement of 2% of what was being claimed in an employment tribunal claim which included unfair dismissal and whistleblowing;
- assisting in the delivery of advice to employees involved in mass settlement agreement processes involving thousands of individuals employed in across a broad spectrum of industries;
- successfully representing several employer clients in unfair dismissal and discrimination cases before the Employment Tribunal;
- providing ongoing advice and support to a client undertaking collective consultation with 80 employees represented by nominated employee representatives to enable a large multi-national market research company to carry out a company restructure; and
- advising an overseas client on a complex grievance concerning disability discrimination and concurrent redundancy exercise concerning the same employee.