Bharbhage is an Associate in the Wills & Estates team.
He has significant experience in acting for sole traders and owners of SME businesses as well as business owners, high net worth individuals and family members including executors, trustees and court appointed deputies.
Bharbhage has specialist knowledge on tax planning and estate administration, preparation of wills and the creation of will trusts, preparing powers of attorney, preparing Court of Protection applications for incapacitated and vulnerable clients, administering high value estates and engaging with HMRC to mitigate and settle the inheritance tax.
He provides practical and pragmatic advice in often very emotional or traumatic circumstances and takes a holistic approach to clients by taking into account their personal, financial and emotional needs.
Examples of how Bharbhage has supported clients include:
- in collaboration with colleagues in the Dispute Resolution team successfully advised on and defended a claim for breach of trust in a deceased’s estate;
- provided advice to a terminally ill client successfully reducing a potential inheritance tax charge to nil;
- providing advice to clients with a severely disabled child to make sure that the child’s financial and personal/health needs would be met in the event of their deaths;
- successfully advising the executors of a very poorly drafted will and negotiating with the beneficiaries to make sure that the deceased’s wishes were respected;
- advising the executors of a client who died overseas; and
- advising on a deed of variation so that assets in a deceased’s estate could pass efficiently to grandchildren.