Charlotte is a Senior Associate in the Employment team.
She specialises in advising on all aspects of employment law including the defence of Employment Tribunal claims (in particular unfair dismissal, discrimination claims and whistleblowing), TUPE, collective redundancies, disciplinary and grievance matters, settlement agreements and protected conversations, poor performance and absence management.
Charlotte also regularly supports our Corporate team on employee-related aspects of acquisitions and transfers, outsourcing and change management.
Her clients include a wide range of owner-managed SMEs across the commercial, engineering and industrial sectors including local, national and global manufacturers, architects and SEO agencies. She also acts for independent charities.
Recent examples of how Charlotte has supported clients include:
- supporting a global recycling company on the departure of a long serving UK Managing Director as part of a company-wide restructure involving outside UK jurisdiction issues but which were intrinsically linked to the redundancy exercise in the UK;
- successfully defending a complicated unfair dismissal, sex/sexual orientation and disability discrimination claim on behalf of a global manufacturer of professional foodservice equipment;
- defending an Employment Tribunal claim including whistleblowing, equal pay and various discrimination complaints on behalf of a global manufacturer of water systems;
- working with a UK national electrical wholesale distributor on COVID-19 measures in order to successfully avoid a grievance, potential employment tribunal claim and additional sickness absence of a member of staff. This ultimately led to a successful return to work and repair of the relationship. The client also implemented a COVID risk assessment and safety measures across all of their UK sites saving them potential issues and future claims; and
- supporting an international company on a complex cross border TUPE transfer involving three jurisdictions due to a proposed business transfer of certain parts of a UK entity to a Belgian owned entity.