Fiona is a Senior Associate in the Commercial team.
Supporting businesses by drawing up, negotiating or updating all types of commercial agreements including distribution, licensing, consultancy agreements to ensure they fully protect our clients within the bounds of the law. Fiona is also a franchise specialist and a British Franchise Association (BFA) nominated affiliate member, acting for franchisors and franchisees alike. She can assist with data privacy compliance and now acts for a number of educational establishments with general commercial enquiries.
In addition, Fiona uses her extensive experience of acquisitions and disposals to guide business owners and directors through the process of buying or selling a business. For those at the outset of a relationship, she can assist with regulating interests within a joint venture/shareholder agreement and for those investing or seeking investment, she can ensure the rights of the parties are protected.
Recent examples of how Fiona has supported clients include:
- complex group re-organisation for cable manufacturer;
- exclusive supply agreement and joint venture for Pharmaceutical manufacturer;
- franchise agreements for new sports leisure franchise;
- acting for chain of hairdressers in the grant and renewal of franchises and acquisition of franchised business;
- data protection advice including data processing agreements, privacy notices and contract review for numerous clients;
- advising technology software company in connection with the removal of outgoing shareholder by way of share buy back and associated transactions;
- various franchisees of household name retail food outlet advising on their acquisitions and subsequent disposals;
- sale and purchase of accountancy practice by way of share sale; and
- terms of business for numerous clients including e-commerce and consumer sales.