Fiona is a Partner in the Commercial team.
She is a corporate and commercial lawyer with a wide breadth of experience across all sectors. Supporting businesses by drawing up, negotiating or updating all types of commercial agreements including distribution, licensing and consultancy agreements to ensure they fully protect you within the bounds of the law. Fiona is also a franchise specialist and a British Franchise Association (BFA) affiliate member, acting for franchisors and franchisees alike. She can assist with data privacy compliance and acts for a number of educational establishments with general commercial enquiries.
In addition, Fiona uses her extensive experience of acquisitions and disposals to guide business owners and directors through the process of buying or selling a business. For those at the outset of a relationship, she can assist with regulating interests within a joint venture/shareholder agreement and for those investing or seeking investment, she can ensure the rights of the parties are protected.
Recent examples of how Fiona has supported clients include:
- terms of business and contract reviews including IT, e-commerce and consumer sales;
- drafting data processing agreements, data use and privacy notices and contract review for numerous clients;
- acting for various franchisees of household name retail food outlet advising on their acquisitions and subsequent disposals;
- acting for chain of hairdressers in the grant and renewal of franchises and acquisition of franchised business;
- exclusive supply agreement and joint venture for pharmaceutical manufacturer; and
- advising technology software company in connection with the removal of outgoing shareholder by way of share buyback and associated transactions.