Jade is a Solicitor in the Private Client team.
She has a range of experience in dealing with Wills, Powers of Attorneys, Trusts, Estates, probate and inheritance tax planning.
Alongside dealing with her own caseload and clients, Jade also supports colleagues with high net worth and complex Will drafting and the administration of large multi-faceted estates.
The team support a variety of private clients including business owners, individuals with agricultural assets, executors, administrators, trustees and beneficiaries.
Recent examples of how Jade supports clients include:
- Preparing a Will for a terminally ill client and ensuring their wishes were met and putting in place safeguards including liaising with medical professionals to make a record of mental capacity
- Assisting with producing a detailed inheritance tax and succession planning proposal with an initial potential Inheritance Tax saving of over £800,000 (minimum) whilst ensuring that no Capital Gains Tax immediately crystallised. Preparing the follow-up documents and deeds following the clients approval to said proposal.
- Advising Executors in relation to a complex and high net worth value estate with significant agricultural assets including making inheritance tax claims for business relief and agricultural property relief.
- Assisting with the ongoing administration of complex Trusts for children with investments of around £3 million which were created following a successful Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 claim.
- Taking all necessary steps and completing all of the applicable paperwork to resealing a foreign Grant of Probate for use in the UK