Kath is a Partner in the Dispute Resolution team.
She is a highly skilled business disputes lawyer with extensive litigation experience leading complex claims and defences in the High Court, resolving commercial disputes outside of Court and acting in an advisory capacity in relation to complicated and high-stakes problems and situations.
Kath acts for clients across a wide variety of sectors including manufacturing, telecoms, financial services, logistics, retail and education.
Those clients range from large corporates (where Kath works with boards, senior stakeholders, GCs and in-house teams) to the owners and directors of SMEs and include charities and education providers.
Kath’s work is often strategically complex, business critical, or with a higher than average risk profile.
Recent examples of Kath’s help to clients include:
- Conducting for a financial services sector client a significant £20m+ Commercial Court claim against a well-known retailer.
- Advising a utilities client in relation to outgoing employee malfeasance and the collation of evidence to support an application for injunctive relief. In a similar vein advising a professional services business, following a significant team move.
- Working with an education sector client, to resist a legally complex claim based in the law of restitution for a contribution to a joint venture pension fund deficit.
- Acting for a manufacturing client whose secret recipe was misappropriated by an employee, involving the execution of a search & seize order, followed by an application for injunctive relief including against a competitor business.
- Advising a wide variety of clients in relation to investigative journalism – both print and broadcast. Working with PR companies, influencing stories and assisting with stakeholder comms.
- Regularly securing takedowns of offending material published online.
- Guiding a charity client through a variety of complex reputation management considerations in the context of an internal investigation into the conduct and exit of a senior officer.