Laura is a Senior Associate in the Employment team.
She provides pro-active strategic advice and day to day support to employers of all sizes ranging from start-ups to multi-national businesses. Her experience lends her to being able to support clients on a range of issues including claims of discrimination including equal pay, redundancy, absence management including long-term sickness, settlement agreements and TUPE.
Laura also regularly provides bespoke training to clients on topical issues. These sessions are designed to help protect clients by ensuring that their teams are educated on the latest position on topics such as hybrid working and managing sickness absence.
While her focus is on helping businesses to avoid claims, she has extensive experience of hand holding them through the often-complex process of going to tribunal including conducting advocacy at Tribunal hearings.
Recent examples of how Laura has supported clients include:
- advising a national retailer in relation to employment due diligence on the acquisition of an agricultural business;
- supporting a manufacturer with the TUPE process of a corporate merger;
- providing day to day employment support to a national environmental charity; and
- working with a pharmaceutical business on general issues including disciplinaries and managing long term sickness absence relating to mental ill health in the workplace;
- successfully claiming unfair dismissal as a result of a protected disclosure, securing an award which equated to over a year’s salary for the client; and
- advising a specialist transport provider on tribunal claims involving a wide range of issues such as discrimination and unfair dismissal.