Mark is a Partner in the Dispute Resolution team.
He has extensive experience of handling difficult and complex business disputes and litigation with the appropriate commercial awareness.
Mark regularly supports clients on claims for breach of contract and/or negligence. He advises on director and shareholder issues, including bringing or defending minority shareholder claims or claims for breach of fiduciary duty, and also where there has been a breach of restrictive covenants by former employees and/or breach of confidence claims, which can sometimes require urgent injunctions.
With particular expertise in Construction Law, Mark provides advice to contractors in the construction industry, or employers, who have encountered issues with the build. He advises on all forms of building dispute including Adjudication proceedings or Arbitration/Court proceedings where required.
Examples of how Mark has recently supported clients include:
- successfully represented the defendant to a fraud claim through trial in a bitterly contested dispute, recovering indemnity costs;
- supporting a leaseholder owned management company on claims relating to various building defects, securing a large settlement;
- working on a high value fire safety and cladding claim pursuing an insurer under new build warranties;
- advising a green tech company in the construction sector on claims for breach of contract and around payment issues; and
- lead solicitor in reported case Routledge v Skerritt where a failure to pay dividends was held to amount to unfair prejudice under s.994 Companies Act 2006.