Michael is an Associate in the Planning team.
He is also a Chartered Town Planner (Member of the Royal Town Planning Institute) and has over 18 years post qualification experience. He has worked for both the private and public sector providing professional town planning consultancy input for both private companies and public organisations, working on a wide range of commercial and residential schemes.
His work includes advising on a wide range of town planning issues across the development spectrum including preparing a wide range of planning application submissions, lodging appeals against refusals of planning permission and promoting development sites through the local plan process.
Michael specialises in a wide range of town planning consultancy areas, most notably in the preparation and management of planning applications and appeals including the production of detailed planning supporting statements and appeal statements. In addition, he prepares planning feasibility studies and appraisals, undertakes pre-application engagement and advice, as well as preparing and submitting strategic representations on sites to various development plan / local plan consultations.
Recent examples of how Michael has supported clients include:
- securing a wide range of advertisement consents across the UK including LED digital display billboards;
- varying an existing planning permission for an events venue in Cardiff to enable them to extend their hours of operation;
- winning an appeal against the refusal of planning permission to convert a public house into a dwelling in Shropshire;
- obtaining planning permission to convert a listed building into an events venue in Staffordshire;
- assisting numerous care home providers across the UK to obtain lawful development certificates to convert houses to care homes;
- winning an appeal against non-determination to retain a building in the Cheshire Green Belt to be used for commercial purposes through the informal hearing procedure.