Michael is a Senior Associate in the Property Litigation and Construction teams.
Michael provides both litigation prevention advice and adjudication/litigation support.
Specialising in property litigation and contentious construction, Michael has over 14 years’ experience dealing with a range of issues for property and construction clients. His focus includes dealing with construction disputes for both contractors and sub-contractors; including disputes over retention monies, dealing with variations and issues over defective works. He is well versed in all JCT contracts and the Construction Act.
In addition, Michael supports commercial landlords and tenants. He deals with dilapidations claims; restrictive covenant disputes; residential landlord and tenant issues; nuisance claims and disputes over property rights.
His clients include owner managed businesses in the construction industry, landlords with residential and commercial portfolios and commercial tenants.
Recent examples of how Michael has supported clients include:
- Facilitating settlement on a £20 million Development Agreement and Construction contract dispute for a landowner;
- Recovering €35million on construction contract at the Mosel Dam, Iraq;
- Obtaining money awards for retention and variations for subcontractors via adjudication;
- Extracting money for a sub-contractor from Midas Construction before it went in to Administration;
- Advising landowners as to rights of way over their land;
- Advising a developer on the enforceability of a building restriction on its land.