Minal is a Partner in the Residential Property team.
Working with high-net-worth clients on land and property acquisitions and sales, contract re-assignments of new builds, sub sales, help to buy purchases and leasehold matters. Minal negotiates with adjoining owners, the local authority and other third parties; and deals with complex title issues including unregistered land and defective titles, ground rents and service charges, lease variations and extensions.
Clients range from very-high-net-worth individuals and wealthy investors, to business owners and companies purchasing residential property and land. She also acts for smaller lenders, completing mortgage deals where time is of the essence.
Recent examples of how Minal has supported clients include:
- purchasing a £12m property in Sussex, which includes parcels of unregistered land, also negotiating with the adjoining landowner to transfer land to the clients;
- purchasing an unregistered property with significant title defects; ensuring the seller first secured possessory title of the property at their expense to provide our client with a clean title;
- acquiring a £3.5m previously land-locked property and development rights on the land, following negotiations for a deed of release of covenants and a deed of grant with the local authority to secure rights of access;
- successful contract reassignment of leasehold new build where notice to complete was to be served within two weeks; and
- negotiating deeds of variation of leases on behalf of a leasehold purchaser to implement the legal changes around ground rent increases.