Nick is a Partner in the Corporate team.
He has more than 15 years’ experience working with national and international clients across multiple sectors including food & beverage, insurance, retail and health. Deal values have recently ranged from £5million to £200million. Nick also has extensive expertise on cross-border transactions, particularly the US and Europe.
Nick supports clients on a wide range of matters including; mergers and acquisitions, private equity investment, buy and build, complex group restructuring and general corporate governance.
Examples include acting for:
- Leprino Foods Company (a US based group) on the acquisition of the remaining interest in the Glanbia Cheese joint venture from its JV partner Glanbia plc. Glanbia Cheese is a leading mozzarella maker in Europe comprising Glanbia Cheese EU Limited and Glanbia Cheese Limited. Transaction proceeds of €178.9 million were paid in cash, with further contingent consideration of up to €25 million payable, dependant on the future performance of Glanbia Cheese;
- PepsiCo - on the acquisition of premium snack brand, Pipers Crisps and a 20% stake in Carpathian Springs, the owner of Romanian bottled-water business Aqua Carpatica;
- US-based Center Rock Capital Partners, LP on its acquisition of John Lawrie Tubulars from Rubicon Partners. John Lawrie is a leading, multinational distributor and processor of steel tubular products. The transaction marked Center Rock’s first platform investment out of its second investment vehicle;
- Apleona (a Germany based group), a European market leader in integrated facility management, on its acquisition of Combined Technical Solutions, a London and Manchester based multi-technical facilities management services provider;
- US based Corvus Insurance, the leading provider of smart commercial insurance products powered by AI-driven risk data, on its acquisition of London based Tarian Underwriting Limited from Beat Capital Partners Ltd. Tarian is the leading cyber underwriting platform providing market-leading solutions to an ever-changing cyber risk environment and underwrites on behalf of a consortium of Lloyd’s syndicates;
- Summa Equity (a Swedish PE fund) on its investment into Human Recognition Systems Ltd;
- Bupa Dental Services Limited and Oasis Healthcare in a series of dental practice acquisitions;
- Pepkor Europe Limited, part of the Steinhoff group of companies (which includes Poundland) on corporate governance, group reorganisations, re-financing and the implementation of executive incentive schemes, including a £500million refinancing and group restructure across 15 European jurisdictions;
- Boparan Ventures on a series of strategic acquisitions in the food and beverage sector including the acquisition of Indian Restaurants Limited (and with it three well known restaurant businesses in Cinnamon Club, Cinnamon Kitchen and Cinnamon Soho) and the acquisition of the Giraffe Restaurant chain from Tesco Holdings Limited as part of an auction process;
- UK based Jensten Group (a Livingbridge backed investment), on a series of insurance brokerage acquisitions; and
- Charlie Bigham’s on its investment in the By Ruby frozen ready meals brand.