Rebecca is a Senior Associate in the Employment team.
Supporting employers on all areas of employment law, her work includes contracts of employment, workplace policies, disciplinary and grievance procedures, TUPE transfers, settlement agreements and day-to-day HR queries.
She acts for startup businesses, SMEs and the management of large organisations helping employers adapt to changing conditions in the labour market, providing support to minimise conflicts in the workplace and guidance on cost saving exercises. In addition, she helps clients that have received data subject access requests from staff.
Her clients include independent schools, colleges of further education, food manufacturers, IT software companies and luxury footwear retailers.
In addition, she is experienced in defending tribunal proceedings on behalf of employers, and issuing proceedings on behalf of employees for unfair dismissal, discrimination, breach of contract, and TUPE claims.
Recent examples of how Rebecca has supported clients include:
- negotiating a settlement of £1,000 where £50,000 was being claimed in an employment tribunal claim which included whistleblowing, asserting a statutory right and breach of contract;
- assisting a client resolve a multi-faceted issue, where an employee suffered a mental breakdown and sexually harassed colleagues, who in turn no longer wished to work with the individual;
- advising an independent school through a disciplinary procedure where safeguarding allegations had been raised by pupils against a teacher;
- concluding a complicated discrimination grievance on behalf of a company without settlement or any proceedings being issued;
- handling a complicated and lengthy data subject access request on behalf of a company, avoiding any complaints to the Information Commissioner; and
- successfully implementing a substantial change to the terms and conditions of employment for a large number of employees without any employment tribunal claims.