Richard is a Partner in the Dispute Resolution team.
Richard advises on high-value and complex disputes arising from: breaches of contract, procurement challenges, directors’ breaches of duty and shareholder issues, breaches of confidence and reputation management, professional negligence claims and contentious IP issues. His work is often multi-jurisdictional.
Experienced in mediation, arbitration and group litigation as well as in securing interim relief (injunctions), he resolves disputes in the health, infrastructure (notably rail) and technology sectors.
Clients range from family owned businesses to international and high street brands, as well as high-net-worth individuals. Richard is qualified as a Solicitor Advocate.
Recent examples of how Richard has supported clients include:
- successfully striking out a claim made against a US sportswear manufacturer in a high-profile brand endorsement dispute with the offshore management company of a Premier League footballer;
- ensuring that a client could commence infrastructure work on time, in a public law and procurement dispute with significant issues of confidentiality, by defeating applications for urgent interim relief;
- successfully settling a £2.5 million claim, made by a liquidator against two high-net-worth former directors for breach of their fiduciary duty, for a fraction of that value;
- pursuing a £1.4 million professional negligence claim against a client’s insurance brokers to a successful settlement at mediation; and
- assisting a travel company to successfully manage its suite of contracts with around 50 suppliers during the COVID-19 pandemic.