Philip is a Partner in the Corporate team.
Experienced in all corporate transactions, specialising in domestic and cross-border M&A. Philip has extensive experience across a wide range of sectors including the building products, house building, oil and gas, and manufacturing. Philip also has extensive experience in equity capital markets and private equity transactions, group reorganisations, shareholder and joint venture agreements and general corporate matters.
He has also advised on a number of high-profile transactions in the football sector, notably the takeovers of both Newcastle United FC and Sunderland FC.
Clients include UK and international public and private companies, recently including SIG plc, British Wool, John Cotton Group Limited, Itch Petcare Limited, Berkeley Deveer Limited, Schoeller Bleckmann Oilfield Equipment AG and Grupa Lotos SA.
Additionally, Philip has a strong international practice, with a particular focus on assisting US and European corporates, individuals and law firms.
Examples of how Philip has supported clients include:
- supporting SIG plc over 25 years, most recently, on strategic divestments including;
- the sale of SIG RoofSpace to Saint-Gobain Building Distribution;
- and the £29.7 million sale of construction equipment supplier VJ Technology to Primary Capital Europe;
- working with Berkeley DeVeer Limited on the sale of a 50% stake in the company to Jeff Fairburn, former CEO of Persimmon plc;
- Advising the management team of coding and marking specialist DataLase on its 2020 MBO of the company from leading global Auto-ID solutions provider, SATO;
- advising Sofidel on the acquisition of NTG Papermill;
- advising the Board of Omega plc on its £31.5 million flotation on AIM and its subsequent delisting from AIM; and
- advising the Board of John Laing Homes plc on the £300 million sale of Laing Homes Limited to George Wimpey plc.