Knights' Debt Advisory offers a market leading combination of debt advisory and legal expertise.
This enables us to provide our clients with a comprehensive service: from an initial business review through the entire process of debt raising, legal due diligence, transaction execution and deal completion.
We work closely with companies, and their stakeholders and sponsors to meet their debt requirements, present and future, with the most efficient financing structures.
Our team comprises corporate bankers and debt advisory specialists, with extensive experience of corporate banking and an unrivalled knowledge of the debt market, together with debt finance lawyers who have operated at the top end of the market for many years.
This combination of skills enables us to offer all the relevant services within one seamless team, thereby avoiding any expensive duplication of effort between debt advisers and lawyers.
We achieve outstanding results in complex and challenging environments, providing independent advice at Board level across the full spectrum of financial products.
Our highly experienced team assists businesses to secure debt funding packages that best suit their strategic ambitions.
Our services cover the following main areas:
Whether for the purposes of M&A, capex, cash-out or general working capital.
Ensuring that debt facilities are aligned to the business needs, flexible and cost-competitive.
Negotiating covenant adjustments, repayment holidays, debt/equity deals and other forms of debt rescheduling.
Working with vendors to enable them to offer stapled debt packages to potential purchasers, thereby reducing deal risk and maximising the sale price.
Our team has detailed knowledge of the credit processes operated by the debt providers and can use this knowledge and experience to structure funding requests and to streamline the application process.
Our experts will undertake the following work:
- reviewing business plans, accounts and financial statements with a view to establishing a clear understanding of the business, its cash flows and its asset base;
- financial modelling - working with the management team to create a base case model, containing credible and transparent forecasts which will facilitate the credit process;
- compiling a review of the debt market to identify the most appropriate form of finance;
- drafting an information memorandum to be sent to a focused target list of debt providers;
- assisting with discussions with funders;
- negotiating a term sheet;
- reviewing and negotiating the facility documentation and assisting with the delivery of all conditions to funding;
- delivering legal opinions, title reports and other legal due diligence in support of the debt security requirements; and
- supervising deal completion and attending to the transaction execution process.