Chris is a Senior Associate in the Dispute Resolution team.
He is experienced in a wide range of inheritance and estate disputes including; Will validity challenges, claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975, breach of duty / estate administration issues in relation to executors acts and omissions, rectification of wills and disputes about interests in land held in trust (TOLATA).
Chris acts for private clients on a wide spectrum of complex issues, typically involving estates valued between half a million and £2 million.
Examples of how Chris has recently supported clients include:
- Resolving a highly sensitive historical abuse claim against an estate;
- Securing a favourable interest in an estate house following the death of the unmarried partner who died without a will;
- Obtaining a declaration for a lifetime right of occupation in a property which was promised but not recorded in writing;
- Acting for an executor in relation to a dispute about the construction of a will clause, the complex tax arrangements in relation to that clause and reaching agreement on its effect with multiple large charity residuary beneficiaries; and
- Supporting a trustee on allegations of personal benefit and dealing with a Charity Commission report.