Emma is a Partner in the Family team.
She has extensive experience supporting clients on all aspects of family law. Emma has particular expertise in relation to advising clients on the financial aspects of their relationship breakdown including pre and post nuptial agreements, financial settlements following divorce, cohabitation and separation agreements and disputes in relation to children.
Emma is regularly instructed in complex divorce cases including farming and landed estates, family businesses and complex family trusts. Emma also has expertise in dealing with pension assets on divorce, particularly Armed forces pensions. Emma is a confident advocate, regularly representing clients in court and also a Resolution trained mediator, assisting those who wish to resolve disputes away from court.
Emma’s diverse client base includes land-owners, farmers, business owners, owners of property portfolios and those with substantial personal wealth.
Examples of how Emma has supported clients include:
- advised the husband in a divorce involving a family business valued at £30m, with High Court proceedings involving substantial UK and overseas assets;
- advised the wife in a farming divorce with assets valued at £2.5m, a matter involving third party intervenors, civil proceedings in relation to a farming dispute and enforcement issues;
- succeeded in obtaining an order that a concluded agreement existed when a client’s spouse attempted to renege on the terms of a deed of separation;
- negotiated a Nuptial agreement involving assets valued in excess of £5m; and
- represented a husband in a 3 day finding of fact hearing, successfully arguing the allegations against him were unfounded and achieving an outcome of shared care.