Emma is a Partner in the Dispute Resolution team.
She works with clients of all sizes, from individual directors, shareholders and artists, through to international group companies, on corporate and commercial disputes.
She offers risk management and data protection advice, as well as supporting on contractual claims, agency termination disputes, shareholder, director and partnership disputes, restrictive covenant enforcement and large-scale debt recovery.
Emma has particular expertise in intellectual property disputes, including brand management, brand protection and domain name disputes, bringing and defending trademark infringement actions, copyright infringement actions and claims for passing off. Dispute values range from £100k through to multi-million pounds.
Emma supports clients across multiple sectors, and has worked closely with those in the technology, events, manufacturing, online retail and luxury goods sectors.
Examples of how Emma has recently supported clients include:
- Supporting a UK group of companies in relation to the recovery of debts against security in excess of £20 million;
- Advising a client in the pet food manufacturing sector to defend the integrity of their trade mark portfolio by challenging third party applications, concluding with successful trade mark opposition proceedings;
- Working with a group of Hong Kong investors in relation to their investments in a UK development vehicle of in excess of £500,000 regarding the misappropriation of company funds, breaches of investment agreement and shareholder agreements by the director of the UK development vehicle;
- Acting for a shareholder in relation to an unfair prejudice claim for multiple millions against an app-development company where the client had been improperly removed by their co-founder and deprived of their shareholding; and
- Supporting a European perfume brand in relation to the successful challenge of an Advertising Standards Association complaint made against a key perfume brand campaign.