Fazia is a Solicitor in the Tax & Trusts and Wills & Estates teams.
Fazia acts for private individuals and business owners and provides advice and expertise in all aspects of succession and estate planning. This includes advice on tax, trusts, and estate matters, including wills, estate planning, tax mitigation, the establishment and administration of trusts, powers of attorney and estate administration.
Examples of how Fazia has supported clients include:
- Estate administration with foreign investments. The case included negotiations with HMRC to secure reliefs where they otherwise would not have been available due to the circumstances surrounding the death.
- Dealing with estate administration with estranged spouse where the couple had not divorced. Successful negotiations led to the deceased’s Will being submitted to probate.
- Guiding clients through preparation of Islamic Wills in line with Sharia principles and balancing of the clients’ family arrangement and addressing possible future hurdles with the thought-out structuring of both the Wills and accompanying Letters of Wishes.
- Advice on the gifting of property to children, including advice in relation to the overall estate tax position, the transferable inheritance tax bands, and Principle Private Residence Relief.
- Advising clients in relation to estate planning for their extensive property portfolio and structuring their Wills to consider the unique circumstances of each of their children and to allow for future asset protection.
- Working with a family to ensure succession planning and going on to deal with the administration of estates both husband and wife who had died in quick succession of one another and carrying on succession planning for the surviving child.
- Working closely with the corporate and commercial teams and financial advisors in the setting up Family Investment Companies, Trusts to receive company sale proceeds, and carrying out extensive estate planning work for high-net-worth individuals.