Ian is a Partner in the Dispute Resolution team.
With extensive contentious commercial experience, he acts for clients on a wide range of commercial and corporate disputes. These include complex contractual and professional negligence claims, technology, cross border and international disputes, shareholder and partnership disputes.
Ian has specialist knowledge in Intellectual Property, working with individuals and companies around the world to protect and enforce their rights and advise on risk and management of Intellectual Property and pre-contentious risk issues.
He regularly works with owners and directors of SMEs, large nationals and European corporates; high net worth individuals and entrepreneurs across all commercial and corporate disciplines. Matters range from quarter of a million to £65 million.
Examples of how Ian has recently supported clients include:
- Acting for a company developing and supplying ring tones for mobile telephones in relation to allegations of breach of copyright and trade mark infringement in the Intellectual Property Enterprise Court, including worldwide injunctive applications;
- Advising shareholders in relation to a derivative action in respect to the actions of company directors and various omissions in relation to accounting and purchase of shares;
- Working with a number of directors in the defence of an allegation pursuant to director’s disqualification proceedings, this included significant international valuation of company assets; forensic analysis of international company records and accounts; collaborative work with US and German attorneys and recovery of over drawn Director’s loan accounts in multi jurisdictions;
- Supporting a £1.5 million action for an international polymer engineering group against their international insurance brokers for failure to ensure that cover was in place during an acquisition in Europe; and
- Acting for a significant international investor in the Court of Appeal following an 8-week trial in the Commercial Court in relation to claims arising from £65 million bank fraud perpetrated by a convicted fraudster.